Monday 12 November 2012

Transition

I wrote this poem as a description of something I'm sure many other people go through. I struggled to fit in my whole life and it reached a point where I felt so alone that I condemned myself to a life of sadness. The 'transition'is me realising that maybe we weren't all meant to fit in, but that doesn't mean that we can't still be happy.

I may not be perfect
No, not as far as I  can see
Held back by all my insecurities
Choked by society's needs;
Caught up in wanting more, senseless greed.

Failing to please everyone
Yes even myself.
Trying too hard to fit in, losing myself.
Thinking I couldn't change the pain I felt
Struggling to reach out and find help.

Perfection is unattainable,
Never reaching it inevitable.
Although I thought I had it in my grasp
I was holding onto a broken clasp
Knowing I couldn't reach it, a meaningless task.

Accepting now that I won't fit in-
At least not the way I wanted to.
Loneliness seemed to be the only road I could run to
Sadness the only emotion I would turn to.
But choosing happiness is what I'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment